Travel to the Morris J. Wosk Centre
Upon arrival at Vancouver International (YVR) Airport you have two options for travelling to the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue: either (1) taxi or (2) public transit.
- Taxi: A taxi will cost approximately $35.00and take about 30 minutes to reach the hotel, located at 435 West Pender Street, Vancouver.
- Public Transit: Travelling from YVR to the Wosk Centre will take approximately 45 minutes.
Here is one suggested route:
Board the Canada Line Skytrain destined for Waterfront Skytrain Station (You will be on the train for 13 stops. This will take approximately 30 minutes). Exit the skytrain at Waterfront Station and exit the station via the Granville Street exit. Walk one block south to the Wosk Centre.
- Tickets and fares: Depending on the time of day (see more information below) this will cost between $7.75 and $9.75 and will take approximately 45 minutes. Ticket machines at the YVR Canada Line station will accept Canadian cash or credit cards. Debit cards are often rejected unless they are local. There are two options for the type of ticket that you can purchase: either a single ticket or a DayPass.
- A single ticket to the Wosk Centre: The cost of your ticket is dependent on the time of day and how many ‘zones’ you will cross. Fares for a Single Ticket from the Vancouver Airport:
– Monday to Friday until 6:30pm, purchase a 2-zone fare. ($9.00 adult or $7.75 senior).
– Weekends and after 6:30pm, only a 1-zone ticket is needed. ($7.75 adult or $6.75 senior).
Note: The normal cost of a 1- zone ticket is $2.75. A $5 AddFare is charged on top of the ticket price for all tickets purchased at the airport station machine. The transit fares will be $2.75 everywhere else within Vancouver.
A DayPass: DayPasses ($9.75 or $7.50 senior) provide unlimited transit use on all buses, SkyTrain and SeaBus for one day from the start of the first transit service to the end of the service day. Depending on your plans for the rest of the day/evening, it may be more cost-effective to purchase a DayPass. A DayPass may be purchased from two FareDealers located in Terminal 1 (Domestic): 7 Eleven (Level 2: Departures) and PharmaSave (Level 1: Arrivals). Tickets purchased at a FareDealer need to be validated in the machines at the Canada Line station before travel commences.
Travel around Vancouver
Options to get around Vancouver include: (1) public transit and (2) taxi:
- Public transit: You can travel around Vancouver by bus, SeaBus, or SkyTrain.
- Check out Vancouver’s transit website for details about public transportation and routes.
- Single Fares range from $2.75 to $5.50.
- Transit DayPasses are $9 at any FareDealer outlet, such as 7-Eleven, or Safeway, or at the SeaBus or Skytain stations. They are good only for the same day of purchase.
Remember: Buses require exact coin fare if paying cash. SkyTrain/Seabus Ticket Vending Machines accept coins and bills (up to $20), as well as debit/credit cards.
- Black Top and Checker Cabs: (604) 683-4567
- MacLure’s Cabs: (604) 683-6666
- Yellow Cabs: (604) 681-1111